Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Week 22 & 23 - Harbor Town 5K & State Tennis Tournament

Oops! We missed a week. Must have been a vacation hang over after Hilton Head. We are back though and we apologize to all our faithful readers who were disappointed with no news this week. Don't fret though...you get a double dose this week AND we are early.

Two weekends ago, my business partner was heading up the Harbor Town 5K on Mud Island and he asked us to come check it out. I decided I would brave the 90 degree weather and run the race. Sarah decided that she was going to be the official race photographer...I kind of wish that I had done that. It has been a while since I have been to Mud Island and what better way to check in on it than run the race. I didn't do much checking out though b/c I was busy trying to win the race. For those of you who are wondering...no I didn't win the race.



After the race, we hung out with friends and enjoyed the band that was playing. When this was all done, we decided it was time to head back to the mainland for some grub. We made sure that all the exercising we got was cancelled out by going to Huey's for a hamburger and a basket of fries.



On to Week 23...This past weekend half of the Fiser 52 went out of town while the other half stayed in Memphis. My (Gray's) tennis team played in the state tournament in Chattanooga. On Thursday night, I departed for Chattanooga. Luckily, the guy I rode with knew that Bonnaroo was going on that weekend and we took an alternate route. A bunch of the guys on our team went the wrong way and ended up spending 3 hours in traffic. We finally got to Chattanooga at 1:30 AM and woke up at 6:00 AM for our 8:00 AM match. It was not fun! Luckily we got through the first day by winning both our matches.

The next day we only had one match to play at 12:30, so we decided it would be a good idea to go bowling that night. It was cosmic bowling and all you could bowl! It was awesome. I think we bowled at least thirty games and two of the guys on my team complained of elbow pain the next day. Despite the aches and pains of bowling, we won our third match on Saturday and were guaranteed a spot in the finals on Sunday.

After an easy match on Sunday morning, it was onto the finals. Our team was matched against Knoxville, who had not lost on their side of the tournament, so it was shaping up to be a big match. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play in the finals. We have some serious ringers on our team, so my name was not in the lineup. The good news was that we ended up winning 3-2 and earned a spot in the Sectional tournament in Birmingham.

That's enough for the two weeks. We promise to stay on track for next week. Stay tuned for a big post next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment