Thursday, June 3, 2010

Week 21 - Hilton Head Island

We're a little late this week, but with Monday being a holiday, I think we deserve a hall pass. Well the Fiser 52 was back on the road again. This time it was to Hilton Head, SC. That's right...Atlantic Coast...No tarballs for us!

We left on Wednesday night for Hilton Head and luckily dodged a bad storm getting out of here. After two quick flights we were in Savannah and meeting Elizabeth's boyfriend for the first time. He got his first brownie points when he upgraded from a Ford Focus to a Toyota Camry. Trunk space is key when you are traveling with two females. We made the short trip to Hilton Head from Savannah and met up with Sarah's parents who so graciously let us crash in on their vacation. At that point vacation had officially begun.


Over the next four days we enjoyed plenty of activities and here is a summary of a few:

Tennis - Sarah's dad, Walter, and I played two world class three set matches. He was a tough opponent who almost wore me down in the 90 degree heat and humidity. Thanks for the good matches Sampras.

Laying Out - I didn't participate much in this activity, but Sarah and her sister Elizabeth perfected this art all week. I think they even got a little sunburn, which certainly turns into a tan! 


Golf - Walter treated me and James to two rounds of golf over the weekend. One of the courses was Harbour Town where the PGA stops every year. Wow! It was a tough course. I quit keeping score when I hit 100 on the 13th hole. Although my score was atrocious the course was the total opposite. It was unbelievable how beautiful it was.
Food - All the restaurants that we ate at were great. That is one thing I look forward to on every beach trip. The seafood was "oil" free and tasted delicious.

Big thanks to Sarah's parents for the great weekend! We had a wonderful time and look forward to our next visit.

Until next week...keep it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment