After our morning activities, Sarah and I got to work on some much needed yard work for our cookout that night. Four hours later the yard was spic and span with no more magnolia leaves and ready for guests to arrive. We also decided to take down the fence that was guarding our new flowers from Wrigley...he's been good so far, let's hope it lasts!
But not so fast...Anna and I had to go and hit the tennis ball around a little bit since my match wasn't too grueling that morning. We got done with our match and it was back to the house.
When we got back to the house, Sarah and Mom had prepared all the side dishes for the cookout and the house was smelling quite nice. We showered up and our friends started arriving. We decorated the porch and enjoyed great friends over some food in absolutely wonderful weather. See for yourself...
You thought we were done....nope! On Sunday, Sarah and I headed to the early service at church, so we could get out in time to meet Anna and my mother for Mother's Day. The location...Brother Juniper's. This is one of our favorite places in Memphis and it was obvious that it was a lot of people's favorite place because it was an hour wait! We braved the wait and it was well worth it. After stuffing our faces with eggs, waffles, and omelets, we called it a weekend and Mom and Anna headed home. It was great, but tiring weekend. I think Sarah and I were both in bed by 9 on Sunday night, which is rare.
Well...that is all this week. We will see you for Week 19!
(our flowers are in full bloom - such a pretty time of year in Memphis!)
No comments:
Post a Comment