What a crazy weekend it was...and I don't mean the bachelor party of it. On Friday of last weekend, I headed out of town to go on a bachelor party for my college roommate. Sarah stuck around town and had a much needed low key weekend after being in Atlanta for work. The weekend started with me picking up my other college roommate, Lewis, in Nashville before we made the journey to Chattanooga to our mountain house that we rented. The house was much better than we expected and Friday night included a lot of old friends catching up and even some fire jumping.
On Saturday the crew woke up and ate an artery clogging breakfast prepared by Chef Lewis. After we got enough protein in our systems, we headed off to Brown Acres Golf Course...think Galloway Golf Course in Memphis, but a little bit of a step down. It was the perfect course for ten of us to hack around and enjoy each others company. I think there were a couple of pars made, but for the most part there were a lot of double and triple bogeys.
After channeling our inner Phil Mickelson's, we ate Hibachi and headed off to the bowling alley. Let's just say that my back still hurts from rolling so many games. With bowling complete, we headed over to the Electric Cowboy. I would dare say that half the people in there didn't have full sets of teeth. Regardless, we had a great time and I believe the bachelor thoroughly enjoyed himself.
When I woke up on Sunday morning, I was excited about getting back to Memphis and relaxing. Well I had to drop off Lewis in Nashville and mother nature had different plans for me. Yes, I got stuck in the flood in Nashville. I spent three hours sitting on I-40 before I was forced to exit. Luckily the exit that I was getting off on was the exit to my sister's house that she is in the process of selling. I got her realtor to let me in and decided to sit on the couch for a second and get a game plan. I headed back out and filled up my gas tank, bought two gallons of water, and a map of central Tennessee. I mapped out about 5 different ways out of Nashville and started trying them out. Six hours later, I found myself at the Papa Johns at the same exit that I started at and I was exhausted. I finally came to the realization that I was flooded in. By this time, the water had receded at Lewis and Katie's and they graciously let me stay in a house that had some furniture and cable. With the day behind me, I hit the sack and hoped for better driving the next day.
I woke up to a beautiful day in Nashville on Monday and an equally beautiful breakfast compliments of the Agnew's. With a full belly, I hit the road on my alternate route because I-40 was still shut down. 5.5 hours and 25 speed zones later, I arrived in Memphis. Finally I was home! In all seriousness, the flood in Nashville was a lot worse than I expected and my thoughts and prayers go out to those affected.
Sarah and I will be back together this weekend, so lookout for Week 18's Fiser 52 adventure!
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment