OK...We've noticed that over the past several weeks our Fiser 52 adventure has become a little more of a “what did we do this past weekend”. That being said, we are continuing to seek new adventures in Memphis and beyond.
This weekend the Fiser 52 headed separate ways!
Gray's Weekend:
One of the things about my job that I enjoy the most is the unique environments that I get to work in. This weekend was no exception. One of our clients has a sponsorship with Bristol Motor Speedway and each March and August we host a VIP/Hospitatlity event for them during the NASCAR race weekends.
***Quick shout out...I will never tease my wife again for being an event planner after being involved in one of these race weekends. There are so many details that are involved that most people don't notice, but would if they were missing.
I left on Thursday morning to go to the other side of the state, which is a long way over there. Luckily we got to fly! Race weekend starts on Friday with qualifying and practice, continues with the Nationwide race on Saturday, and concludes on Sunday with the Sprint Cup race.
If you have never been to a NASCAR race, I strongly suggest that you attend just one. Your eyes will be opened to a whole new world of things that you have never seen. Here are few things that I observed:
1. Practice and qualifying is really boring. There are no good crashes and tempers are not hot
2. NASCAR fans have the filthiest mouths I have ever heard
3. Despite observation #2, NASCAR fans are the most reverant fans that I have ever seen (still the only major sport that I know of that prays before the race, and surprisingly every person in the crowd stands, takes their hats off, and bows their head)
4. Getting back on track, Dale Jr. must have used the "F" word 50 times over the scanner during one lap after being penalized for speeding in the pits
5. I ran into Joe Gibbs walking onto the elevator
6. I think jorts, tank tops and mullets are back in style
7. I think I saw a dead person on the way back to the shuttle
8. The cheese sticks at Carino's in Johnson City are phenomenal
9. Driving a 6-passenger golf cart in a crowd of 165,000 people takes some skills
10. 5:30 am EST flights seem like a good idea when you book them, but they are really not that great. 3:30 am wake up calls are no fun.
I'm hoping to have some video from this weekend added to this post, but no guarantees!
Sarah's Weekend:
While Gray was busy watching cars go round and round, I headed down to Jackson for a relaxing weekend with Gray’s parents. We had the best time walking the dog, shopping and cooking in the kitchen! I even learned how to make Strawberry jam which was quite the production but tons of fun. We watched several movies including Coco – which for the record is in subtitles! We watched it for the first time on one of the TV’s and couldn’t understand why there were only random subtitles every now and then – finally we got smart and tried it on another bigger TV. Only then did we realize we were missing the whole bottom row of words! It was such a fun weekend and I even got to help welcome Anna home from Ecuador!
Wrigs definitely enjoyed his weekend too – he got to take a flying leap into a gooey mossy pond and take a seat in the bird bath. Needless to say he was wiped out on the drive home.
It was a great visit to Jackson and we can’t wait to go back with Gray at Easter!
Here's a random funny pic - since this blog is definitely lacking pictures! Wrigs got his paw stuck in a bucket - of course I had to get a picture before helping him get it off!!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment