Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week 10 - Gibson's Donuts and More...

Surprise! We are early this week. I would like to think it is because we are still inspired from our Week 10 activity.

On Friday, Sarah and I decided to go play some tennis and grab a quick dinner at Swanky's afterwards. We finished things up early, so we could prepare for our Fiser 52 adventure on Saturday morning.

We are the type that enjoy sleeping in on Saturday's. Call it a sense of entitlement, but we feel that we deserve the sleep after waking up early the other six days of the week. There are very few things that will get in the way of our sleep-in time on Saturdays...travel, hunting (Gray only), and one of our Memphis favorites, Gibson's donuts!

Bypassing the showers and a little glaze (no pun intended) in our eyes, our journey to paradise began at 7 AM. Our mouths began to water before we even turned onto Walnut Grove. When we arrived, I decided that this was going to a "BIG" breakfast for Gray, so we ordered a half dozen melt in your mouth donuts. Of course I had four and Sarah controlled herself with two.

(take a wild guess which one is Sarah's)

After I had polished off my fourth, here come Richie Sessions and Adrien Yelverton, with the kids, who apparently have the same idea that we have. If that is not enough evidence that this place is great, right after Richie and Adrien arrived a tour bus of 60 people from SMU showed up to get donuts before hitting the road. The place quickly became a jungle, so we decided to roll out with our bellies full and smiles on our face.
photo evidence of the tour bus

You thought we were done...

From Sarah - All of our work on the house is done (for now)!!  I know I posted some before pictures last week so here are some after pictures of our new windows and our lanscaped backyard!

new windows (but a dirty house..oops!)

no more rotting wood!

NEW backyard!


flowering bushes - which obviously have to grow and flower :)

Of course Wrigley had to keep things interesting for us...while we thought he'd behave with all the new plants in his backyard instead he walked straight up to one of my new hydrangea bushes and broke off a branch.  Apparently non-flowering hydrangea bushes look a lot like Wrigley's favorite thing ever - sticks!  Gray quickly devised a plan, complete with stakes and chicken wire, and now our backyard looks like this...


It's only temporary, we'll take down the fence once the plants have all taken root and grown some leaves, so they aren't so tempting for wrigs.

We still love him though - how could you not...

2 comments:

  1. We were going to Gibson's literally twice a week for a while!! We had to make a decision to limit ourselves :) We were both getting pudgy!! I LOVE that place:) And I LOVE that picture of Wrigley...he's a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi wrigley roo!!!!!
    and i always go for chocolate too, sarah!

    ReplyDelete