After our trip up North, I turned around 4 days later and headed out west to California for Marcy's bachelorette weekend!! We spent one night in La Jolla and then headed to Laguna Beach for the weekend. The weather was a little chilly for sitting on the beach but we enjoyed walking around the town and catching up with one another! We had a great Hawaii honeymoon themed shower for Marcy and some hilarious nights out on the town. It was a wonderful weekend and Gray and I can't wait to go back in October for the wedding!!
View of Laguna from our hotel balcony
Wake Girls
Last weekend we headed down to Jackson to celebrate Gray's 28th Birthday!! We had such a fun visit and Gray's mom threw a great b-day party on Saturday night for Robbie and Gray! It was so much fun to catch up with Gray's high school friends, hear about Anna's European Vacation and see sweet Payne try to make it up the stairs without any one catching him (haha he never got close!). It was hot but we managed to get out on the lake to do some fishing. Wrigley even came along! He was swimming after the boat and we were concerned about his swimming stamina so Gray dragged him into the boat - not an easy task! Anyway, he witnessed his first bass fish on a hook :)
I can't believe I don't have any pics from the b-day party but here are some of wrigley "fishing".
Justin in all of his Tour de France swag :)
Believe it our not - we have actually done a lot of fun MEMPHIS things lately too!
For one - I started a new job with a Memphis company! Yes - during all of this traveling mayhem I also started with Destination King - http://www.destinationking.com/. I now go to an office downtown with some great people and I'm learning so much about the city!! I've been to so many attractions, restaurants and venues that I can hardly keep track! It's been such a fun and exciting change for me.
This weekend we enjoyed two of our Memphis favorites; Live at the Garden and the Shelby Farms Dog Park. Friday night we went to the Botanic Gardens and heard Al Green perform! Gray packed a picnic for us (with Anna's french wine!) and we met up with Ricky (Gray's Uncle) for a great concert out on the lawn. Al Green put on an entertaining show and we got to meet up with a lot of our great Memphis friends. Then on Saturday and Sunday we took Wrigley over to the Shelby Farms Dog Park. I'm sure if you live in Memphis and you have a dog you know about this park but it's a great off leash park filled with dirt trails and lakes. Wrigley ran like crazy and played with all kinds of dogs. Funny story - at one point a man was throwing a tennis ball for all of the dogs. He had been throwing it in the lake but he decided to switch things up and he threw it out in the field. All of the other dogs went running to the ball in the field while Wrigs ran into the water tail wagging and eyes searching for the ball - haha not the smartest but we love him anyway!
Ok - that should get us all up to date with the blog. We'll be in Memphis for the next couple of weekends so hopefully we'll have some fun new posts to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment